Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Treasure Your Inner Vibrancy

I’ve been looking for a word that sums up how I feel when I’ve moved through an inner block or painful perception, and once again feel a lightness of heart and a spring in my step. Finally, when writing the other day the word vibrancy arose in my consciousness. For some reason, I’ve never used that word. Yet, when I feel truly alive and thrilled about life, and often for no particular reason, just pure joie de vie – much better than eau de vie – I am filled with an inner vibrancy. Inner vibrancy makes my heart sing. It’s the reason why I have remained dedicated to Deep Listening Skills™—because whenever I do the Deep Listening Skills™, I come through the pain or fog and reunite with my full energy and vibrancy.

We all have inner vibrancy. It’s who we truly are. Yet many times, inner vibrancy gets lost amidst all the practical concerns, worries, fears and multiple demands of life. The only way to experience a more vibrant reality is to treasure your inner vibrancy. Your inner vibrancy is your spirit, your soul, the joy that soars just because you are alive and in love with life. Make inner vibrancy your priority, and you invite joy and fullness into your life.

One way to fan the flames of your inner vibrancy is to go on an appreciation walk. Just step outside. Walk around the block, your garden, your neighborhood. Let go of all thoughts and preoccupations. Simply be present to your direct experience. Notice the trees, look up, right to their tops as they grace the skyline. If you’re living in a climate where the flowers are out, enjoy their vibrant colors, the shapes their petals make, and bend down to sniff a rose – they don’t all smell nowadays, but if you strike lucky you can luxuriate in wafts of perfume. When I breathe in the scent of a rose, my nose pressed against its inner swirl of soft petals, there’s no way I think about something else at the same time.

Take deep breaths as you walk and let go into the moment. Pretty soon, you’ll start to feel the warm glow of your heart, the relief of returning to simplicity, to appreciating the gifts of this world that you don’t have to pay for. I remember years ago, when I was going through some depression and a friend said, “don’t think about all the big things right now (what I was going to do with my life), just enjoy the small things.” She was so right.

When you become present with everyday simple things, with appreciation, you return to your center. Your energy starts to build up and you open the door to your inner vibrancy. This might show up as flickerings of peace in your heart. Gentle, subtle and silent. Or, waves of inner vibrancy that soar through your being, bubbling up in laughter, inspired ideas and a big, wide open heart.

Your inner vibrancy needs to be alive in you to show you the way and help you through the day. Inner vibrancy fuels your inner guidance. So when you get in a funk, although it’s tempting to wallow in the funk and feel like your inner vibrancy is about as accessible as swimming in the sea in the middle of winter, it’s best to focus on reconnecting with your inner vibrancy.

More about reconnecting with your inner vibrancy in next week’s post.

And here's a beautiful, short video that a friend sent to me - perfect for this time of year - or any time of year - to get you into the inner vibrancy frame of mind.
http://www.youtube.com/gratefulness

© 2009 Nicola Walker, Clarity for Life

Want to use this article in your own newsletter or website? You can as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Nicola Walker, inner vibrancy coach, teaches Deep Listening Skills™, a simple focusing process you can use whenever you feel unclear, disconnected from your inner vibrancy, or feel stuck personally or professionally. She offers Inner Guidance Coaching Programs™ and a free half hour phone coaching consultation. Visit her website, http://www.clarityforlife.com to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment